The new Balloon site was aimed to show users effective paths to developing skills and achieving their career potential by providing them with skills and career mapping, courses to help fill their skills gap, and connecting them to employers looking for new talent.
• Allow users to put all of their learning opportunities in one place
• Show users what learning companies need and which ones they should pursue
• Help users demonstrate learnings and/or create work product
• Help users get a job by connecting them to employers
• Mobile first approach
Pencil & Paper, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Contribution to the Project:
• Worked collaboratively with the product team to create a new user experience by breaking down user goals and creating layouts to help easily achieve them.
• Redesigned the whole site in a three-month timeframe, including user testing.
• Played a major part in creating new user flows such as user registration, profile integration, newsletter signup, and career-to-skill-to-course flows.
• Introduced responsive design to optimize for tablet and mobile views.